PCB circuit board surface treatment process - the difference between gold plate and gold plate
Gold plating uses the principle of electrolysis, also called electroplating. Most other metal surface treatments are also electroplated.
In practical product applications, 90% of the gold plate is a gold plate, because the poor weldability of the gold plate is his fatal flaw, and it is also the direct cause of many companies to abandon the gold plating process!
Gold is applied to the surface treatment of circuit boards because gold has strong conductivity, good oxidation resistance and long life. Generally, applications such as key plates and gold finger plates, and the most fundamental difference between gold plate and gold plate is that gold plating is hard. Gold (wear resistant), immersion gold is soft gold (not wear resistant). Optical Module manufacturer china
1. The crystal structure formed by immersion gold and gold plating is different. The thickness of gold is much thicker than that of gold plating. The gold is golden yellow, which is more yellow than gold plating. This is the method of distinguishing between gold plating and gold immersion. a), gold plating will be slightly white (nickel color).
2. The crystal structure formed by immersion gold and gold plating is different. The immersion gold is easier to weld than gold plating, and will not cause poor welding. The stress of the immersion gold plate is easier to control, and it is more conducive to the processing of the bond for the bonded products. At the same time, because Shenjin is softer than gold plating, the gold plate is not wearable (the shortcomings of the gold plate).
3. The immersion gold plate only has nickel gold on the pad. The signal transmission in the skin effect is not affected by the signal in the copper layer. Back Plane manufacturer china
4. Compared with gold plating, immersion gold has a denser crystal structure and is less prone to oxidation.
5. As the processing precision of the board is getting higher and higher, the line width and spacing have reached 0.1mm or less. Gold plating is prone to shorts in gold wire. The gold plate has only nickel gold on the pad, so it is not easy to produce a gold wire short circuit.
6. The immersion gold plate has only nickel gold on the pad, so the soldering on the line is more firmly combined with the copper layer. The project does not affect the spacing when making compensation.
7. For the board with higher requirements, the flatness requirement is better. Generally, the immersion gold is used. The immersion gold generally does not appear as a black mat after assembly. The flatness and service life of the Shenjin plate is better than that of the gold plate.